Website Nature's Nursery
From updating our database to stuffing envelopes to bookkeeping—administrative assistant volunteers are very much appreciated and there are no limits to where you can assist! Nature’s Nursery administrative and fundraising operations are conducted in a very dynamic, busy office. Since each administrative task is different, we provide on-the-job training and support throughout the volunteering process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of our database (RaptorMed)
- Maintenance of our employee management system (Prospr)
- General office assistance: filing, shredding, organizing, copying
- Donation entry
- Donor stewardship assistance e.g., thank you calls, letters, and similar donor relations
- Direct Mail assistance: envelope stuffing, stamping, organization (can be done off-site; although, pick-ups and drop offs from the center are required)
- 18 years of age or older
- Organized and with great attention to detail
- Strong communications skills both oral and written
- Experience with Microsoft Office an asset
- Non-profit, volunteer, fundraising and/or customer service experience an asset
- Be willing to adopt, support, and communicate the mission of Nature’s Nursery
Administrative assistant volunteers are scheduled for at least one 4-hour shift per week, Monday through Friday. The location of where the work is done is dependent on what needs to be completed. Mail volunteers are called upon as needed to help with large mailings. The possibility to work from home, at the center, or at someone else’s house is an option.