The Ambassador Inside Day Keeper Volunteer will work with other volunteers and staff to complete the daily tasks required to care for education ambassadors at Nature’s Nursery and other miscellaneous tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean and reset cages for all species of animals according to protocols
- Clean food and water dishes and replace with fresh food and water
- Basic household chores such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, washing laundry, dishes, etc.
- Wash food cups and refill with dry food
- Feed and clean feeder rodents and insects
- Enter animal care and make notes in RaptorMed chart regarding food intake, behavior, etc.
- At least 18 years’ old
- Attend Volunteer Orientation and training once per year
- Able to read and follow directions
- Must work well with others as well as independently
- Comfortable with seeing/handling feeder rodents and other feeder animals, often cut up
- Able to handle harsh animal smells and cleaning products
- Able to bend, squat, and lift/carry 10-15lbs comfortably
- Basic computer skills
- Up to date Tetanus vaccination
- Rabies vaccination not necessary, but would be helpful
- Be willing to adopt, support, and communicate the mission of Nature’s Nursery
- Available from 9:30 AM-1:30 PM at least once a week (subject to change)