We receive hundreds of baby birds every year and need nests to help care for them! For newbies who have never touched a crochet hook to expert crocheters, come learn and socialize while helping wildlife!
Beginners who never have or are new to crocheting will be able to work side by side and watch a video tutorial with our advanced crochet volunteer Deb! You will be given yarn and a hook to work with. Intermediate and advanced folks will be given a pattern and yarn (please bring your own hook, recommend size G/6/4.25mm) able to come socialize. Snacks and drinks will be provided.
There is no fee but we do ask for a suggested donation of $15.00 to cover costs of hooks, yarn and snacks.
- The address is 7541 Dutch Road, Waterville, OH 43566. DO NOT type in Nature’s Nursery into your GPS, it will take you to our old location.
- The class will take place on the Davey Moore Education Center side of the building. There are signs that say “stop” as ailing wildlife should not enter that side of the building.
- Doors will be unlocked 15 minutes before the class so attendees have time to shop in the merch store and walk around the ambassador room. Class will begin at 10:00AM and end around 12:00PM. There will also be a little time after the class to purchase merch and walk around the ambassador room.
- At this time, we are only accepting CARD, PAYPAL, or VENMO. We do not have cash for change on-site.
- We are 501c3 non-profit and rely on monetary and in-kind donations for funding as we do not receive any local, state or federal taxes for support.
- If a class is canceled due to weather restrictions from the Lucas County sheriff (Level 3 and potentially 2) the class will be rescheduled. You will be notified via email from the Education Director with more information.
- If you miss a class, or have any questions, please reach out to the Education Director at email@example.com within 24 hours and she will sign you up for another class of equal value if it is available at the time or it can be considered it as a donation to the center.
- Photos may be taken during the class, if you or your child do not want to be photographed please let a volunteer or staff person know before the class.
- For our hearing sensitive participants, we do have loud animals in the building that get overly excited when they see people.